Five Quick SEO Tips for E-commerce
SEO is an ever changing component of e-commerce, with various factors directly impacting your site’s ranking with major search engines. At CoreCommerce, we make basic SEO best practices simple when it comes to your store, from adding meta tagsto using Google Analytics and Google Adwords with your store. Here are five quick SEO tips that you can easily do yourself:
- Be sure to have internal links from the homepage to all important pages of your site, such as your About Us page and blog, for example.
- Include text with keywords related to your store or product on your homepage, above the fold. This helps search engines understand what your site is about to rank it properly.
- Original content on each page is very important when it comes to SEO. Major search engines don’t value duplicate content.
- A blog is a great way to grow organic site traffic, especially by posting blogs that use long tail phrases and questions or information consumers search for during the discovery and research phase. Learn more about how to use the blog feature that comes with each CoreCommerce store!
- A healthy social media presence is no longer something to approach as an afterthought. Search engines keep tabs on your “social signals”, assessing how relevant your brand is, how many followers and interactions there are and more. This will continue to play a greater role in coming years so start growing your social presence now.